Monday, April 14, 2014

C.C.'s Room

In 2010, my husband and I bought a wonderful 4 bedroom home. Our motive for buying was because at the time, C.C. was going to come live with us. Her mother was going through issues and thought it would be better for her to live with us. Unfortunately, C.C. was not completely sold on it. She didn't want to be away from her mother. She fought us on every decision we made and didn't want to be part of anything. We made the decision to let her choose if she wanted to stay and she decided to return to her mother's care. We had no idea about the drug use, and could not even fathom how serious it would get. Now we're here almost four years later. C.C. is begging to come live with us, and we don't have her mother's cooperation. We don't have the courts' cooperation. We've changed bedrooms quite a few times in our four years here. C.C.'s room started out as her room, then it was a guest room, then my brother-in-law's room and now it's back to a guest room. Our home office is now a play room. Our son (J.T.) room started out as my brother-in-law's room and now it's his room. Nevertheless, when I asked C.C. if she wanted to move back into the guest room or have me turn the play room into her room. She quickly said she wanted the guest room again because "it has the most comfortable bed!" It really is not a comfortable bed, but I guess when you're used to sleeping on the floor, sharing a bed with a roommates kid, or sleeping on the couch, a bed of your own in your own room is pretty nice. I picked up this piece of art this weekend while out of town. I found it at a local furniture and clothing store. I love it because it is rustic, but I love the sunflower because it reminds me of Kansas, my home state as well as C.C.'s home state. It's waiting for you, C.C!

No comments:

Post a Comment